yuryg
Hello Harlan,

Having just switched from Windows to Gentoo Linux and have successfully installed the brain. I am wondering when the search inside the documents will be available for the Linux version.

You are probably using a commercial product for the searches on windows platform, but on Linux the tools to do the searches are already available on the system, as I have implemented them before while creating a document management system under Zope.

Would it be possible to use the open source tools to enable the searches for the documents, as there will probably never be the commercial tools available for Linux.

If you want more information I can feed you all the files/projects that are required.  All you would require is for people to install the products under their version of Linux for them to be available.

Yury

jostber
Could it be possible to use Beagle in any way for this?
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
yuryg
it is possible to use Beagle, the only thing is Beagle is CPU and Disk intensive and not all distributions have it installed.

But it is still possible to do.

agnor
I've been thinking about using Tracker to solve this issue on my own system.
TookiTheGreat
It's now several years later ... is there any chance PersonalBrain for Linux will get full document searching capabilities?
In the war between Order and Chaos, Chaos always wins ... because it is better organized. (Terry Pratchett)
jtmusky
there are tools that read documents in linux.  I set up a Document management server that used those functions. I believe it was called knowledgetree.  I was looking into some of the programs for indexing my self.
TookiTheGreat
I just think that is time to integrate full text search of attached documents into PersonalBrain - it makes life so much easier.
In the war between Order and Chaos, Chaos always wins ... because it is better organized. (Terry Pratchett)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software