barney_pb_f Show full post »
runals
I can try that but what is the point of a cross platform DB if I cannot work on it from two different platforms? Another tool called Freemind will create and modify a database in windows and seamlessly move to Linux. I will uninstall the PB app and then reinstall and then try to create a db in Linux. The install I've got does most of nothing anyway.

Andrew

jostber
If you can fix that root issue first, check that apt-get update. This will get your system to the current stable level. Here's a cool video:

and

http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2006/03/09/tuning-kubuntu.html

If your Kubuntu version is getting old, there's the recently released 8.04 version here:

http://www.kubuntu.org/node/34

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
Harlan
Databases created in PersonalBrain are cross-platform and it does not matter under which OS they are created. My guess as to the problem you are having is that there is a file permissions problem under Linux (PersonalBrain is getting read-only access to some of your data maybe? Or can't create new files?).
Regards,
-Harlan
Ahmed
Have you tried running "sudo PersonalBrain" and creating a Brain as root?
Thanks,
Ahmed
runals
Sorry for the delay in answering. It will be a bit longer. I took the weekend to eliminate Vista and substitute XP as my windows platform. In the process the MBR on the disk no longer starts Kubuntu even though I did not remove the partition so I have to do something about that. Most likely reinstall Kubuntu and then everyhting will be new and shiny. Perhaps this whole problem will dissapear in a cloud of reformating.

Thanks for your support

Andrew.

runals
OK - new windows and a clean fresh load of Kubuntu and all is well. Not sure what the problem was but not willing to spend too much time trying to figure out how it worked wrong.

Thanks for all your help

Andrew

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software