Ahmed
This version is excellent, and I suggest all of you at least give it a try. You can get it from here:

http://www.thebrain.com/site/personalbrain/experimental/version43.html

And using GTK natively instead of Swing is wonderful. (And may even solve GNOME problems such as colour selection, can someone try it out?) Here is an example of how it is looking on Linux with one of my Brains open:

Thanks,
Ahmed
jostber
Especially start-up time, but also moving to thoughts with many children, is remarkably faster in version 4.3.0.3 than 4.2.x in Suse 10.2 in KDE. Thanks!
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
jostber
If this  will be fixed too, I can start using it . 

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2737371

Dryopithecus
I have upgraded from 4.1 to 4.3. It took just about 3 minutes to convert my main brain with 40,000 thoughts.

The performance is much better! And some annoying bugs have also been fixed!
Ahmed
What kind of bugs exactly have disappeared for you, Dryopithecus?
Thanks,
Ahmed
Dryopithecus
I was wrong in the previous post, they were not fixed yet, but seems the situations have improved (?)

In 4135, when a thought has only one attachment, after I opened and modified the attachment and go back to PB, all/most icons of the same file type will disappear in the Plex. Restarting PB can fix the icons.

After I upgraded to 4305, I found this bug was fixed for my upgraded brains. But later I found newly created brains still have this issue. And now I found even my upgraded brains have a similar issue, just I don't know when the icons will disappear.

And there were 2 other issues (these issues were reported before) that I thought they were fixed, but later, they came back to me.

(sorry for my English)
PeterPollack
It must be something simple, but I have downloaded the 4.3 and run the installer. The error - as you see at the screenshot.
My Ubuntu Hardy seems to be perfectly up to date. Any suggestions? Click image for larger version - Name: PB_exp.png, Views: 155, Size: 127.21 KB
jostber
Check this link:

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2735047

Ahmed
I think your post assumes 4.3 will fix the problem, when in this case it seems to still be there. Now, what confuses me is I thought GTK was just for the actual program, not the installation process, or at least that is how I remember it. I see this problem on Google, even for Solaris. I'll look into it, thanks for your post Peter. Do perhaps earlier versions of PersonalBrain work?
Thanks,
Ahmed
PeterPollack
Ahmed: I am using PB 4.1.3.5 on the daily basis so this is something in the new package.
Ahmed
Quick question: Can you run other Java apps that emulate the GTK system, like Eclipse?
Thanks,
Ahmed

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software