Tracy
Spring 2009 PersonalBrain
Seeds of Knowledge Contest

You’ve seen our Brains. Now we want to see yours. First prize overall winner receives an iPod Touch. Second Place winner receives a $100 Gift certificate from Amazon. Honorable mentions receive a $50.00 gift certificate from Amazon to continue expanding their minds.

Categories:

Best Business PersonalBrain
Are you using PersonalBrain for project management, IT organization or cutting edge research? All business applications are considered and welcome for this category.

Best GTD Brain
The category is for all the PersonalBrain GTD users. Show us how you use your Brain to Get Things Done.

Most Creative and Gee Whiz PersonalBrain
There are millions of Brains on our planet and most of the ones we’ve seen are pretty interesting. This category is for a Brain of special interests or anything else you think is worthy of a surprise here.

How Do I Enter?
Email us your BrainZip or link to your published Brain

For questions and submissions:
Email contest@thebrain.com
Ph:  310-751-5000 Brigitte Senn or Moe Khalili.

Contest Deadline: March 27th. 
Winners will be announced in the April Newsletter. Contestants must be willing to demonstrate or share parts of their Brain via discussion board or Web meeting. 

Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
Shiiko
On the other hand...

This may be an opportunity for us to share insights.

Don´t think that the objective here is to trade whole brains but perhaps to present snapshots of expanded views where thoughts have been arranged in 'a thoughtful order'. 

That order could be a take-off point for another individuals brain expansion.  Example, you're a Civil War fan and have organized the main battles.   Share that basic arrangement.   Someone else who may be collecting thoughts on 'How the West was Won' could use the Civil War battle thoughts to fill-in a part of their brain.

I would like to submit a view but I need to see specific instructions as to how to create a 1 layer (the visible layer) snapshot of the thoughts as arranged on my screen.   Need to tell me how to completely exclude all other 'not-visible' thoughts (and not delete them from my brain by accident).  Last need to tell me how to package the thoughts for submission for correct presentation.     

Would suggest the organizers limit this to one category 'Gee Whiz  PersonalBrain' (this will catch everything).     Voting should be by Brainiacs. And ante-up the prices. 
zenrain
I don't know, I quite like lentil stew...

I think they want the actual brain, so the best bet is to copy some selected thoughts to a new brain, remove any private data, and then brainzip it and send it in.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Shiiko
Agree that sharing a whole brain is not only impractical but improvable.
jostber
It might be easier to make a new example brain, instead of removing private data or work data from an existing one.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
mcaton
One of my favorite Brains I've ever created only has 14 thoughts.  And not a single thought contains any passwords or ssn's.

Also, I've already seen another brain that I really like on refurbishing old servers, and another on BANANA BREAD! Anything goes.

Matt
Shiiko
The brain section that I would like to share is best viewed in Expanded view.  If I make a separate brain of it, can I save the expanded view and allow anyone to see it expanded as I intended it?   The thing is that part of the beauty comes from the organization of related thoughts.
Steeph
mcaton wrote:
One of my favorite Brains I've ever created only has 14 thoughts.  And not a single thought contains any passwords or ssn's.

This makes me curious. What is it about? What makes it special if it only has 14 thoughts? Can we see it?
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
Tracy

If you don't feel comfortable sending brainzip or SiteBrain url, you can even just send us a few screenshoots of your Brain with a write up describing it. This is fine for contest entry. We understand some brains could contain confidential information.

Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
mcaton

Quote:

This makes me curious. What is it about? What makes it special if it only has 14 thoughts? Can we see it?

Steeph - it is my "Build a Canoe" Brain.  It has been a long time dream of mine to build my own wooden canoe.  So I just keep track of a few different canoe kit sites, blueprints, rambling notes and ideas I have.  It may not be very fascinating to someone else, and I certainly have many more USEFUL Brains, but this is my DREAM Brain.

I added 2 new web resources for local wood and materials that I might need when the day comes.  So it is up to a whopping 16 thoughts now

Matt
Steeph
mcaton wrote:
Steeph - it is my "Build a Canoe" Brain.  It has been a long time dream of mine to build my own wooden canoe.  So I just keep track of a few different canoe kit sites, blueprints, rambling notes and ideas I have.  It may not be very fascinating to someone else, and I certainly have many more USEFUL Brains, but this is my DREAM Brain.

I added 2 new web resources for local wood and materials that I might need when the day comes.  So it is up to a whopping 16 thoughts now

Ah, a DREAM brain. It makes sense now
Reminds me of the Discovery Channel program where Ray Mears builds and old indian style canoe in Canada with a Canadian guy.
There! Your 17th thought
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
Shiiko
So.... I'm gathering that I didn't win.

Are the results secret? 

Can we find out who won or what won?
Moe
Hi, Were still in the process of reviewing Brains. We will send out an email with the results soon.

Best regards,
Moe
vinpahilwani
so when the results are to be announced?? i received email in last week of may seeking more information from the favourite brain submitted for the contest and it was mentioned there that results will be announced in june newsletter i m just eager to view the result and view the brain who won. do let me know in email as i dont visit forum very frequently.
Vinod Pahilwani
http://www.easymanager.in/
jostber
Must be this one:

http://www.thebrain.com/site/emails/2009-07/default.html

Some great brains here.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software