zenrain
I've noticed that PB hasn't been downloading the favicon or changing the thought name lately when I add a web site. I just started an web index refresh, and it's taking a very long time, so I started poking around.

I verified that PB had full rights to the firewall, and looked at the output log (I'll e-mail to support). It keeps timing out on all the hyperlinks. I also have a network monitor (Little Snitch, which I have granted it full rights to also) and PB isn't even making a call to the network as far as I can tell. 

Otherwise, Safari, Mail, and all my other applications are able to view websites and work as normal.

Running 5.0.3.8. 

Is anyone else with OSX experiencing this? 

Edit: I have tried rebooting and re-installing. Changing Java to J2SE 5.0 from Java SE 6 didn't work either. Also tried creating a brand new database. 
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
mcaton
Zen,

Just for clarity, the process for rebuilding your Web index is timing out?  Can you please send us a copy of the log files?

Thank you,
Matt
zenrain
The process itself doesn't time out, it just takes a long time. On the back end though, in the output log it shows that all the attempts are timing out (which is why it takes so long).
This also happens when it tries to contact the web after dragging a URL into the plex.

I did send an e-mail earlier, but forgot the attachment. Oops. I'll resend tonight.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
I wanted to follow up on this with the forum.
Moe and the engineers narrowed this down to an issue on my end, and it did turn out to be user error. Hopefully the e-mail reply I sent to support may help out other OSX users who use Little Snitch.

Thanks to Moe and everyone who helped my narrow this down.

Here's the resolution:

Ok, so with the information you gave, I did find the issue. I run a program called Little Snitch which stops outgoing traffic which isn't approved. Good so far. 
It used to be that I could assign PersonalBrain as an application and it would approve this and allow network traffic. At some point this changed. I tried deleting and recreating the rule to allow the application, but it didn't work, so I started to look at what processes where accessing the network when I added a site.

Turns out that PB is now using UNIX pid:528 to access the network, and doesn't prompt Little Snitch to allow/deny.
If you have a customer with a Mac and using Little Snitch, they will run into this issue in the future. Here's how to fix it.

Create a new rule with the following name: UNIX pid/528

Assign the remaining rules as normal. I have two rules,  port 80 (http) protocol 6 (tcp), and port 443 (https) protocol 6.

The rule will show as red, meaning Little Snitch doesn't think it's a real rule, but it works.

Click image for larger version - Name: Little_Snitch-30_rules.png, Views: 65, Size: 135.85 KB
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software