frankbusch
Hi there,
I have discovered, that sometime in the recent versions (now using 6.0.7.0) the handling of notes was changed. I now have a subfolder called PersonalBrain Notes in my thought folder, but there seems to be nothing in it. In earlier versions notes were attached as .rtfs. Is there still a possibility to get to the notes files or has this been disbanded?

Thanks for any ideas,
Frank
zenrain
The Notes folder in the Files folders for the individual thoughts are for attached pictures, not the text of the note itself. I believe note text is stored in the .clb files under the brain_cdbb folder in your database folder.

Probably the easiest way to get to your notes ( may be Pro only features) is either:
  • Selecting the thoughts, right-clicking the selection window and choosing Copy as Text Outline with Notes, then pasting to a text file. This will not keep any formatting as it's text only.
  • Selecting the thoughts, and choosing File > Export > To Folder. The notes will be exported to the thought folder as an .html file.

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
frankbusch
Thanks for this zenrain

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software