rtimmer
When creating links to existing thoughts the following happened:

- Screen is redrawn and the active thought is temporarily shown without any links at all
- Other thoughts reappear
- Message that the beta is reconnecting to the database
- Pins are gone
- History is gone, but reappears after closing and opening the brain

I first feared that my brain got corrupted, but everything seems to be fine, except that I have to recreate the pins

Windows XP SP2
J-1.0.6.0_03
PB 4.2.0.7
zenrain
I've been experiencing the same thing. I sent my log to support yesterday.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Darkstar
I've seen similar behavior with 4.2.0.7. concerning the links.

When in expanded mode, and I have a sufficently *crowded* plex, when I create a new link (doesn't matter if p/c/j) to an existing thought, the plex "explodes", leaving only the active thought, and then it starts drawing in the links and arranging thoughts. It's the same "explosion" behavior that 4.1 had when a link had its link type changed from default/unknown to some defined type, or when a link had its color changed--- while in expanded mode.

I've noticed that when the expanded plex isn't crowded, this exploding behavior on linking thoughts does not happen.

However, I have not had the problem with pins disappearing, and only had it report "reconnecting to database" only once while doing the "exploding" behavior, and that was under 4.1.
-Darkstar
hiwiller
rtimmer, I experienced EXACTLY the same thing you describe.

Same as you, the only thing that seems to have been affected are the pins which needed to be re-created.  Other than that, the brain seems unaffected.

Also using:
Windows XP SP2
PB 4.2.0.7
Java 1.6.0_03
westbroek
Confirmed. Same issue.
Harlan
As stated elsewhere: FYI, there is very little danger of losing data in PB 4.2 - it is much more reliable than 4.1 in this regard. The database disconnection message is present so that we can track down remaining problems in the code. You will not lose data due to a disconnection (other than preferences such as pins) - you might have to restart PB however if the reconnection fails for some reason.

We hope to have a fix for this shortly.

Regards,
-Harlan
rtimmer
Harlan, thank your for the explanation. I now feel a lot more comfortable with PB4.2.

Roelof

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software