I realized today that 10%+ of my thoughts (1200 of a total of 10000) are "corrupted" ie. 2 thoughts contain the same mixed-up attachment an notes information.
It seems that this behaviour must have existed at least since April.
I tried (in vain):
- deleting the brain_db subfolder and reopening the brain in order to let TB recreate the DB > no change
- overhaul the database which (according to the description) should solve my issue.
The bad news : nothing has worked.
The semi-good news : the overhaul the database fonctionality was able to identify my "mixed up thoughts" and created a list of them with in a newly created folder "cleanedFolder" which has 254 html files (reason : I have no clue...) and a file called "ThoughtGroups" that contains a list of my problem thoughts with displays :
- a number (ranging from 5651 to 6512)
- the name of the thought
So forinstance I have the following entries in ThoughtGroups which means that the attachments and URLs of these thoughts are mixed up:
- 5659 Book Icon
- 5659 Turing Test
First: can someone (brain support) please let me know if I am doing something wrong in regards to the brain overhaul ?
Secondly, theoritically I could clean things up manually but :
- with 1260 thoughts that is a hell of a lot of work !!
- cleaning up is not straightforward. Let me explain...
Thought A :
- has link to windows folder A (correct)
- has a link to another windows folder B (should not tbe there - as it belongs to thought B)
- has url-A (correct)
- has url-B (which belongs to thought B and should not be there).
Thought B has exactly the same mixed up behaviour.
>> when I delete the incorrect folder B-link and url-B from thought-A, all is OK.
>> Subsequently when I then delete the incorrect folder A-link and url-A from thought B > everything disappears (links and urls) from Thought B!!
Can someone please advice ?
Many thanks in advance.
PS Windows 7 TB 220.127.116.11 32 bits J-1.7.0