Adathome
How can i change the (standard) sorting mode in the web-brain from thought-type in thought-name?

When i change the sorting mode in my PB v.6 brain from "arrange thoughts by: type to name  and synchronize this brain with web-brain there is no change and the webbrain default sorting on thought-type stays the same?

Arrange thoughts by type in a webbrain gives a very restless view, see:

http://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/CF4EC428-D41F-39D2-B60D-C001D1A25FF7/

or

http://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/7B54C61A-D0D2-A38D-3087-0FC00D4FA834/
Regards, Ad Divide knowledge = multiply knowledge (Windows 10 -  TB8 / TB9)
Moe
Hi Ad,

Thanks for posting. You can sort by name by right clicking (an empty area) in the Plex of your uploaded webbrain then selecting Arrange Thoughts by > Name. I will put in a feature request with our developers to see if the default sort can be set to follow PB's setting for the Brain that has been uploaded.

Thanks,
Moe

Adathome
thanks, Moe

Moe wrote:
You can sort by name by right clicking (an empty area) in the Plex of your uploaded web-brain then selecting Arrange Thoughts by > Name.

I know that, but doing this every time i open the web-brain is very tedious and how do i tell this to the visitors of my web-brain?
The question now is how can i get sort thought-name bij default in webbrain?

Moe wrote:

I will put in a feature request with our developers to see if the default sort can be set to follow PB's setting for the Brain that has been uploaded.

the sort setting tought-type seems a default in web-brain!

The default sort setting thought-types in webbrain is very annoying with thoughts jumping around!  is this normal behavior??

Adathome
When can i expect an answer on my question from PB-team?

The default sort setting thought-types in webbrain is very annoying with thoughts jumping around! 

is this normal behavior??

Moe
Hi Ad,

Yes, the behavior is normal.

Thanks,
Moe
Adathome

Moe wrote:
Yes, the behavior is normal.

Maybe it is normal webbrain behavior (for this moment) that thoughts are jumping around when you use a lot of thought-types in your brain but it is very annoying and it irritates me. see http://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/7B54C61A-D0D2-A38D-3087-0FC00D4FA834/

please change de default setting in webbrain from "arrange thoughts by type" in "arrange thoughts bij name"  

Moe
Ad, This is on our engineers list. However, at the current time they are working on some larger items. For the time being, please set the sort using the manual procedure.

Thanks,
Moe
rhodes
I agree, sorting ny name seems more natural than sorting by type.

I'd also like to see the option to sort children, parents and jumps of the active thought by link type, i.e., the type of link that connects them to the active thought. This could make interpretation of the plex a lot easier in the right circumstances. This applies to both PersonalBrain and WebBrain.

Please see here for my original thread on this.

Alan Rhodes
Adathome
Moe wrote:
Ad, This is on our engineers list.

Thank you, no more thoughts jumping around when the sorting mode thoughttype is on.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software