DavidGretzschel
The way I open a program on windows is by hitting the windows-key and typing out the first letters of the program I want to launch. My desktop is not allowed to show icons, only pictures of forest or racecars or other nice calming things.
With inbuilt-searches getting better, faster and "snappier" more and more people do this, I believe. It's a huge boon for people with ADHD (not having to see shiny icons, making you forget what you wanted to do in the first place).
Trouble is, that I instinctively start typing "brain" and won't get any hits. That's because you called it "TheBrain 11" for some reason.
Typing "11" or "the" does work and I have trained myself to do this now, but this caused a lot of unnecessary friction in the past, cause when you think of the software you're trying to use, you're not thinking of "the".

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

metta
Understood. However, I think this may actually be a branding issue for this software application.

The name of this software used to be Personal Brain, and several years ago the name was changed to  simply TheBrain (no space). Everywhere on the main web site where TB teams talks about the software you'll see TheBrain listed without a space.

I think this is actually a necessary branding convention, which shows up when searching for this software, to distinguish it from the wetware in our heads. Try searching for The Brain (with a space) and see what you get....

In light of this, I'm not sure TB team will be keen to make this kind of change. Of course, I can't speak for them, but I thought it might help a bit to know some of the history behind the current (no space) name display.
rustyedges
You can easily make the shortcut whatever you like.  In fact, this is usually my first step after installing for me so as to enable exactly what you are saying.

Right-click TheBrain 11 in Windows start menu --> Open File Location (which opens the shortcut file not the executable) --> edit the name of the shortcut to "The Brain 11".   done.

In fact, I often add multiple shortcuts for applications that I reference in different ways
DavidGretzschel
@rustyedges 
You're right of course. I forgot that I knew that 🙁
I guess that's not too hard to do for those who'd benefit from it.
@metta
yeah, usually need several attempts to find info about the software trying out different search strings in Google. And then it's difficult to figure out which program or cloud thing refers to what exactly.
They should just call it something else, but oh well

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software