Spacenexus
Hi there

An anomoly I've noticed several times with different thoughts: When opening the notes/windows panel by clicking on the arrow, the notes/windows panel expands to fill the screen reducing the plex to zero view. Then when clicking the opposite arrow to bring it back a bit usually to the single column plex, the situation occurs as per image.

Once re-aligning the notes/windows pane, the plex recovers its dignity and we're rocking again. Does not affect the data in anyway and is only a temporary visual issue but occurs occassionally.

And another thing..  Is there anyway to just move the notes/window divider without having to use the arrow? It would be nice just to drag the little chap to where i want it aka PB3.

Thanks

Jim
Click image for larger version - Name: PB4_Anomoly.JPG, Views: 217, Size: 80.52 KB
@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Harlan
Jim, we'll try and reproduce this. Have you upgraded to Java 6? This might fix it for you. http://www.thebrain.com/java

Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus
Hi Harlan

Already running latest update of Java.

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
Spacenexus
Another behavioural clue: sometimes, I notice that after the notes/window bar is clicked for the second time (ie, when moving to the right to reveal some plex) the bar will hit over to the right side more in the correct position of about 80% plex, 20% notes/window area. However, for a briefest instant, i can see the glich illustrated in posting above but then the normal plex recovers. It's almost like sometimes it sorts itself out and sometimes doesn't but the issue may be occuring all the time.

Hey, i think this issue only occurs once after starting PB4. After that behaviour normal.

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
tcahill
Spacenexus wrote:
Hi there An anomoly I've noticed several times with different thoughts: When opening the notes/windows panel by clicking on the arrow, the notes/windows panel expands to fill the screen reducing the plex to zero view. Then when clicking the opposite arrow to bring it back a bit usually to the single column plex, the situation occurs as per image.

I've just reproduced this anomoly with just the same steps as Jim reports:

Click image for larger version - Name: anomolous_plex.png, Views: 146, Size: 17.18 KB Click image for larger version - Name: anomolous_plex2.png, Views: 145, Size: 62.87 KB
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
Spacenexus
For reference, the above behaviour error still occurs with 4074.

cheers

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
Harlan
This is caused by the background failing to redraw. Sounds like the resize event is not being received to reset it... Not sure why, but I can't reproduce it. Here are my steps to try and repro:

1. Set window to float, vertical orientation.
2. Close PB and restart.
3. Click arrow to show notes fullscreen.
4. Click arrow to plex.

This is when the error occurs, right? Not for me unfortunately. Please verify my steps. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus
Actually, its more like the following without the exit and restart stage:

1. Start PB normally in float mode with vertical orientation.
2. Click arrow to show notes fullscreen.
3. Click arrow to plex.

You should then spot it. Clicking either arrow after does not repeat the background redraw error and behaviour is normal.

Closing PB4 and reopening in the same windows session does seem to clear the anomoly although most times i can see the undrawn background for up to a second before it reorientates correctly.

A few minutes later....

OK, opening PB4 on other computer didn't display the anomoly initially, but absent mindededly clicking between the panel and the plex many times caused the anomoly to repeat.

My well thought out theory is that Danny has built in some Emotintelligence functionality without you knowing Harlan, and I guess that PB4 has an irritability index on being woken up or when the idiot user clicks between the panels 20 times. Failing to redraw background is its way of communicatng a PB-Garfield sentiment

Theories aside, I hope that routine helps track it down.

cheers

Jim

XPSP1 700MB Ram
XPSP2 1GB Ram

@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
Spacenexus
On recent versions up to 4077 i've not noticed the background drawing error often, but the everytime i open the window panel by clicking on the left arrow for the first time in a session, the screen opens all the way to the left in calendar view, then i click right, it almost returns all the way to the right, then i have to drag to reposition and then click on notes which usually my target window panel.

Can we have a tweak to this behaviour? Can the panel divider be unlocked so we can just drag the panel open as well as clicking on the arrow for a default position? The PB3 approach was effective.

Thanks

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
Harlan
Jim,

We're planning a complete reworking of the panels in PB including the minimize/maximize and resizing capabilities. Once we've plugged in a new system for this, we'll be ready for your feedback. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus
Sounds great. Will await the new panels configuration before further wingeing

cheers

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software