pshanks Show full post »
Shuhart75
Harlan, hello.

1, 2 - no, I use local hdd only.

3 - thanks, mouse overs much better, the plex stop freezing on mouse over

But still thought activation is jerky. Sometimes thought freeze in mid-flight for a couple of seconds, like this:

PB 6.0.1.4-b, Windows 7 32-bit
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6300 2.80GHz
RAM 2 GB

5.5 worked faster I think. I used Update tool on mouse over and ESP Sync in 5.5 and everything worked just fine. If you wish I can compare PB 6 and PB 5, but my 5.5 brain backup is outdated and comparison won't be exemplary.

Ivan.
Harlan
6.0.1.5 includes many optimizations that hopefully will address these issues. It may even be faster than 5.5.
Regards,
-Harlan
andreas
Back to normal speed. Works! Thank you!
pshanks
Harlan,
PB6015

It's 200% better than what it was. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

There are still a few areas that are still faster in 5.5 than 6.0.

1) Instance search (sometimes)
2) Redrawing of child thoughts, if attached to a main category (e.g. people thought) in my case.

I'll let you know more as I play with 6015

pshanks
PB6016

Quote:
From release notes

Version 6.0.1.6

June 8, 2010

·         Increased Speed

o    Faster performance of non-plex operations that show Thoughts such instant activation results, advanced search results, calendar, and reports

I'm finding FASTER performance of the non-plex operations. Thanks.

But in PB6016 the plex redrawing has slow down again when activating thoughts

PB6015:
1) Was much faster redrawing the plex when activating a thought that's attached to a parent thought with many attachments (People) in my case.
2) Also the mouseover of thoughts is not as fast. Getting a slight delay after mousing over many thoughts. Was better in PB6015.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software