ZombieEllipses Show full post »
metta
Thanks for the additional feedback, Phil. I guess I'm not entirely sure how you are using this "intermediate thought":
> Are you adding the "list of thoughts" as attachments to the "intermediate thought" instead of listing them in the notes?

In either case (whether the thought links are in the notes or in the attachments), it seems the problem I mentioned previously would still persist whenever a thought name is changed or the thought itself is deleted.

Perhaps I am missing something here?

Maybe a screenshot would help to illustrate how you are using this intermediate thought -- if you have time to clarify?
Cerebrum
@PhilM,

The discussion is outside the scope of the current topic but it think that several TB users would be interested in how faceted classification could be used in TheBrain. I'm not well-versed in it but it could be an interesting topic in TheBrain Uses.

On your web page Building a better tool for capturing and managing knowledge, you say:
Quote:
I use TheBrain as my primary tool for capturing and managing knowledge and for some of my examples, but it is far from satisfactory.
Do you have a way of sharing how you've implemented your ideas in TheBrain? 

Thanks. 
PhilM
I can do that, but I am too busy for the next week or so to do any new posts or create the samples.

But I will try to do so.

Phil
PhilM
metta wrote:
Thanks for the additional feedback, Phil. I guess I'm not entirely sure how you are using this "intermediate thought":
> Are you adding the "list of thoughts" as attachments to the "intermediate thought" instead of listing them in the notes?

In either case (whether the thought links are in the notes or in the attachments), it seems the problem I mentioned previously would still persist whenever a thought name is changed or the thought itself is deleted.

Perhaps I am missing something here?

Maybe a screenshot would help to illustrate how you are using this intermediate thought -- if you have time to clarify?

No, you're not missing anything. My explanations are not sufficient.

One point: I make the Thoughts child Thoughts of the intermediate Thought.

Unfortunately, I will not have time for at least a week to respond in full. But I will do so, including screen snaps. I'll put most of this into a post on my blog ... where it is needed in any case.

Phil
metta
Thanks, Phil. Will look forward to any additional details you care to share when/as time permits.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software