drruth2
In the Notes on a Galaxy Note 8 and the desktop when a line of text is formatted to Strike through, the line will shift slightly to the right.  I suspect the formatting is actually being applied to a part of the Markdown. 

I recall reading, but haven't found to confirm, that in the new Notes with markdown that the formatting capabilities would not affect text positioning.

This is minor and probably of no consequence, but it is a noticeable change from TB10.
Dennis Ruth, CISSP Retired
Aerospace Scientist
Computer Scientist
Lieutenant Colonel (Ret) US Army
Professor (Ret) National Defense University
 College of Information and Cyberspace
nick
Hi there,

Although it is a bit more subtle with strike-through, (since the markdown application are dashes) the shifting you're observing is simply because the markdown is visibly applied to the text while editing Notes. 

If you change focus from the Notes editor to something else, the text will no longer show the applied markdown, and thus 'shift' back to it's normal position. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks
-Nick
drruth2
Thank you Nick.  Hadn't noticed the "shift back" since in the set of notes where I noticed this I usually remain in the note until I move to another app.  Check and functions as you described.
Respectfully,
Dennis Ruth, CISSP Retired
Aerospace Scientist
Computer Scientist
Lieutenant Colonel (Ret) US Army
Professor (Ret) National Defense University
 College of Information and Cyberspace
nick
No problem at all! Glad its working for you!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software