wordmuse
Just a quick check. Is there any potential conflict with housing my Brains in a OneDrive folder?  The value of doing so is redundancy of backing up my info.  But if there are problems with it, I can do without.

Thanks.
- Bal
zenrain
If OneDrive is similar to Dropbox, then it's probably not a good idea. Even if you aren't using it to synchronize the data to another computer, there's still a chance of problems occurring, and I wouldn't risk it. Read Harlan's excellent post for more information.

If it helps, how I do backups with dropbox is keep my database files on my local machine (outside of dropbox or other cloud syncing solutions). Every week I make a brainzip and save that file to dropbox.  Then every so often I clear out old copies (ok, I actually use a OS X app called Hazel that automatically moves and deletes my brainzip files). This ensures I have a local and cloud copy of my database that is only a week old at the maximum. 
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
wordmuse
Cool - thanks for the link to the info. I'll just continue using WebBrain.

- Bal
pthompson
Bal,

As zenrain mentioned, we don't recommend storing Brain databases in simple cloud storage such as DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. It's perfectly fine to link to files that are hosted there, but you would not want to store the Brain database itself there.
wordmuse
Yep - got the memo. [smile]

Thx.
- Bal

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software