rengel

Context: I visit the web site of a company using my browser. In order to be able to revisit that web site later with one click, I drag the URL into my brain to create a thought.  The icon gets imported automatically. Fine! That's what the brain was made for (among other things). One click - back to the web site.

Problem: Then I add some attachments to that thought. Nice to have many attachements. But: If the thought has attachements, I first have to search the attachments and then click the icon. This is...

• inconsistent: To get to a web site should be a matter of one click, no matter what.
  • a waste of time: Attachements are attachements, because I rarely use them,  and because I only want to look at them when needed (i.e. old email messages, that I keep for reference). I don't want to see them all the time! But the way things are, PB forces me, to do so.

Most of the time I just want to revisit the web site of the company and not look at the attachements.

Suggested solution:

Make one of the attachements a 'Preferred action' or 'Preferred icon' and show this as the thought icon. One-click-behavior should activate this action, not open the attachments. Going to the attachments should have secondary priority (using right click + context menu).

I know, I've brought up this issue already, but the more I work with the brain, the more I experience this as a waste of time. It just doesn't represent the normal work flow.

Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
tcahill
rengel wrote:
Make one of the attachements a 'Preferred action' or 'Preferred icon' and show this as the thought icon. One-click-behavior should activate this action, not open the attachments. Going to the attachments should have secondary priority (using right click + context menu).

This is a great solution. I come up against this all the time. I'd love user-selectable preferred attachments for both launch and icon display
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
grave
Agreed with 'Preferred action' or 'Preferred icon' feature!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software