danlandrum
I've been using TheBrain for quite a few years, but just now discovered that when I hit command arrow to create a new thought, I can multiple select from the suggestions list. Wow, is that ever useful and I can't believe I didn't know it was possible. 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mctrexler
Dan, can you clarify "command arrow." Maybe you're on a Mac?   Curious what the Windows equivalent might be.

Mark
pthompson
Mark,

Windows equivalent would be F6, F7, or F8. These are the default keyboard shortcuts for creating new Thoughts on Windows. ⌘+Arrow Key Left, Right, and Down are the shortcuts on Mac. You can, of course, change these in Preferences > Accelerators.
zenrain
OMG:
  • ⌘ + ↓ = New Child
  • ⌘ + ← = New jump
  • ⌘ + ↑ = New Parent
Much easier than the F6 through F8. Genius, thanks!

Update: Wow, it works much better with using the arrow keys to navigate thoughts also. Genius!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
enkidu

RTFM comes to mind ...

;-)

cheers
enkidu

Cerebrum
danlandrum wrote:
when I hit command arrow to create a new thought, I can multiple select from the suggestions list.
How does Command Arrow lead to "multiple select"? All I get is an input box for a new thought.

danlandrum

Enkidu,

Good advice, and I'm a manual addict, but it doesn't mean everything sticks. I'm not a cartoonist, but if I was I'd reply to your post by drawing a bunch of people assembled for a user's group meeting where all they have to say to each other is "rtfm."

I find that the little things that people share regarding their workflows are often the most useful tips. 

OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
enkidu
Hello dan

I assure you my comment was meant to be 100% friendly from an old IT dinosaur who's read so many manuals that he's stopped reading them altogether !

I'm no cartoonist either, but the best one I found on IT is this :

shaman-computer.jpg 

AUGH ! (RTFM in prehistoric lingo ;-)
enkidu
danlandrum
lol
OSX 10.13 
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
pthompson
Cerebrum wrote:
danlandrum wrote:
when I hit command arrow to create a new thought, I can multiple select from the suggestions list.
How does Command Arrow lead to "multiple select"? All I get is an input box for a new thought.

You'll need to start typing so that Existing Thoughts appear. You can then hold down SHIFT+Arrow Down/Up to select multiple existing Thoughts:

Multiple Create.gif
mctrexler
Have just remapped my keyboard, including Crtl-Right Arrow to Capture Thought Icon, and set the "activate new thought" in preferences, and realizing that I can save hundreds of mouse clicks per day.  Great stuff.  

Would be great if there could be a Forum or somewhere on the website entitled "So you think you're a power user?" where these kinds of tips and tricks were organized for always easy access!

Happy Holidays,

Mark
metta
+1 for aggregating Power User Hints & Tips

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software