zenrain
I've just started doing this, and it brings a whole new dimension to my desktop so I thought I'd share. This setup requires PB 5.x and a second monitor.

If you have two monitors, try putting PB in Float mode. Move it to your second monitor and maximize the screen.
Now set a wallpaper that is not too loud, yet pleasing to the eye . I use the backgrounds at http://www.digitalblasphemy.com there are some excellent pictures there and some are free (I am a member, and yes, this was a shameless plug).
If you want, you can take the time to set your colors to blend in but still be distinguishable from the background.

Now choose View > Presentation mode and double click the plex. You now have a fairly inconspicuous plex with a background that's almost indistinguishable from your regular desktop. When you want to see the notes, just double click the plex again.
Several things to be aware of when using this. First, don't use the escape key to get back to the plex, use F3, otherwise it will cancel presentation mode.
Second, most keyboard navigation functions don't work. when you start working seriously in PB again, you will have to hit escape to get back into normal mode. Then when you are done, Alt-V and then M to get back into presentation mode quickly.

Enjoy!

Edit: removed comma. Thanks Darkstar!
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Darkstar
Your message's link, http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/ , picked up the comma as part ot the address. Just letting you know.

That sounds like a great set-up!
-Darkstar
mbaas
Thanks zenrain, I'm now using a db-background in my brain
SamCox
I'm glad I found this thread. Two weeks ago, I bought a new desktop computer with two lovely 22" high-res monitors. I followed your instructions and love the result. Wow!

Thanks,
-- Sam

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software