mikesingleton
Hi, I can preview pdf, Excel, PowerPoint, images etc. but not Word - is the Word previewer in the works or should it be working now?
pthompson
If you are using Windows, this is a known issue. Word preview is not currently working.
mikesingleton
Yup, I'm using Windows 10. Thanks for the response.
Mike
mcaton
Mike,

Word Preview is actually working now.  Which version of TheBrain are you running?  Do you see the PREVIEW button on a Word attachment.  There are still a few known "issues" - but the button is there and the preview should come up.

Thanks,
Matt
mikesingleton
Hi Matt, I'm using 9.0.126 with Windows 10 and Office 2016. Yes I have the preview button but it just returns an error "unable to initiate preview" with word. The previewer works fine with PowerPoint 2016 and Excel 2016
Mike
mcaton
Mike,

Can you please replicate the "unable to initiate preview" behavior one more time, and then immediately copy the Output.log file for us to review? 

Thank you,
Matt
mikesingleton
Hi Matt, When using "Open Log Directory" it appears that the last update to the Output Log File was on Oct 6th which seems strange to me as I am using The Brain 9 every day (now up to 9.0.128. on Oct 28). The Error Report directory continues to show new error reports, (four new since Oct 2). I have attached the log directory and last five error reports. The Brain seems to be working fine in all other respects except the Word Previewer.

Mike

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software