Whalehead
Does anyone know how to get the highlight colors in Notes to print? If I copy and paste to Word - the highlight colors follow and I CAN print colors (but not a clean copy/paste). If I open in browser, the highlight colors follow - but they won't print to the printer or PDF.  Highlight colors are great, visually, but if I can't print them - they are of limited use.

Help anyone?

Thanks,
Russ
Whalehead
Oh, I'm using latest TB7 on WinXPSP2 and OSX.7.4
jbennett
Hello, 

The notes portion of our software is developed by a third party and this particular function does not appear to be included.  However, I'll check with our engineers regarding this functionality.  

James

Whalehead
Thanks, James. It's odd that the colors survive copy and paste, and even export to browsers (Chrome & iExplorer)... but when I try to print (either from the Notes window or the browser) it loses the colors.  Go figure.

Oh, and TB7 7.0.4.1 and J-1.7.0_04

jbennett
Hello,

I was able to recreate the scenario you are describing.  Oddly enough, I was able to print the text with highlight using Apple's textedit.  It may have something to do with browser print preferences or text formatting.  I can continue to troubleshoot this from my end.  In the meantime, a temporary workaround may be to use the print screen feature on your computer.

James
Whalehead
I'm not sure what you mean by "using Apple's textedit".  You did a copy and paste into TextEdit I presume? I did the same thing into Microsoft Word and I could also get the colors to print... although the copy and paste formatting left quite a bit to be desired - outline formats, etc. even when pasted as HTML.

Thanks for checking up with the 3rd Party folks to see if there is a fix in the works.  Since it takes my quite a bit of time to "reformat" after the cut and paste - I end up making edits in Word - then the cut and paste back to TB Notes is also cludgey.  Spending way too much time back and forth just for color printing.

Thanks for the reply.

Russ
Whalehead
I also have the same problem when printing the Plex.  Thoughts that have a color associated with a thought-type do not print the color.  Color icons print in color just fine - as do the blue links... but the background color of the thought does not print.  May not be the same problem - and perhaps can be solved by a setting - but I thought I'd bring it up just in case.

Thanks,
Russ
jbennett
Russ, 

I will notify ephox, our vendor for the notes section, regarding the ability to print the highlighted areas of your notes.  Printing thought backgrounds directly from TheBrain 7 is not related.  It is currently not available from TheBrain 7.  If you would like to print thought colors, go to Preferences>Look and Feel>apply colors to and choose "text" from the drop down menu.

James
jbennett
Russ, 

I will notify ephox, our vendor for the notes section, regarding the ability to print the highlighted areas of your notes.  Printing thought backgrounds directly from TheBrain 7 is not related.  It is currently not available from TheBrain 7.  If you would like to print thought colors, go to Preferences>Look and Feel>apply colors to and choose "text" from the drop down menu.

James

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software