mlemons
I have been using Personal Brain for nearly a year.  With early versions, I could print the plex to my local printer.  Not only can I no longer do this, I can't even "view" the plex Preview, nor can I print to a PDF file. 

Has anyone else had trouble printing the plex?

I spent the better part of a day communicating back and forth with PB staff, who reported that they were able to take my brain and print from the same version of Mac to the same printer type (Epson). 

I still cannot, even with version 6.0.6.1.

Help!

mbaas
Hmm, not that I could offer much help, but...me thinks your problem description is a bit vague. The way you describe it, anything is possible: from a loose printer cable, missing ink or paper over a burning PC or whatever ;-)

1. I assume you're not getting "visible" error-msgs on the screen?
  2. Did you already send output.log after a non-working print to support?
  3. Did you test printing from other apps?

zenrain
I'm able to preview a printout of the plex on OS 10.6.5 using PB 6.0.6.1. Since you aren't able to even view in preview, it's not an issue with the printer type, or printer. Are you running the latest Java version? It should automatically update when you do Software Update from the Apple menu.

You might also want to test printing and then send the output.log to support. The output.log is stored in the program package. To access, right click the PersonalBrain.app in your Applications folder and choose Show Package Contents, it's in the /PersonalBrain.app/Contents/Resouces/App folder. 

You can also try deleting and re-installing the app. 
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
Hi Martha,

Please make sure that you are printing the plex, not the notes... The Command+P accelerator may be assigned to notes, not the plex. To print the plex, choose "File" from the main menu, then select "Print Plex". If you are accidentally printing the notes, the sequence of events you describe make perfect sense.
Regards,
-Harlan
mlemons
I have the most up-to-date versions of the Brain, OS X Yosemite, Java, and Adobe, and I still cannot print the plex.  

Did anyone ever solve this?  

[smile]
pthompson
I am using OS X Yosemite and the latest version of TheBrain. If you print and save to a PDF first, you can then print the PDF.
mlemons
Thank you for replying, but I cannot print to pdf either. This only happens with the Brain.
pthompson
Can you provide more information or screenshots. Do you receive an error when choosing to Save to PDF? Any additional information will help troubleshoot the issue.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software