Watwood
I notice that every thought has a 'private' checkbox.

If the 'top' thought is marked private, is the whole brain private, or does each thought have to be marked.
If so, is there a way to mark all of them as private at once?

Warren
Dodo
Warren, the private attribute applies only to the thought itself, never its children.
If you want to mark several thoughts as private at the same time, you can select them by ctrl-clicking each one. If you want to make all thoughts in your brain private, you can run a report, and choose Add Report Results to Selection from the Edit menu.
Then, in the selection window, choose Privacy | Make Private from the context menu. This will apply to all selected thoughts.

You'll have to repeat this regularly if you want new thoughts to be private too.

Doris
Watwood
Thanks Doris,

So if I understand correctly, every thought I add to the brain can be seen by anyone on the web unless I specifically make it private?

This seems like a HUGE privacy and security issue to me.
It seems to me the default should be private.

Warren

Watwood
I now see on the settings on webbrain, that the brain can be set to private. I was thinking that was what the checkboxes in each thought was for.

If this is the case, what is the use of the individual private checkboxes?

Warren

Dodo
If you want to share your Brain or a subset of it with others, you can exclude private thoughts when you export your Brain. I don't think you can exclude private thoughts from an otherwise public Webbrain.
Dodo
Actually, it seems you can: http://forums.thebrain.com/post/Make-whole-branch-private-5554478

Doris

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software