metta

Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck creating any keyboard short cuts in my Windows installation of TB9. Don't know if this is user error or a bug, but I keep getting variations of the following error message:
-- Modifier Key Required

I assume "modifier key" is referring to a CTRL, SHFT or WinCommand key.

If this assumption is correct, then I have no idea why I'm getting this error message since all the shortcuts I've tried to create have included either 1 or 2 modifier keys.

Am I missing something, or is this a big that will need troubleshooting?

mcaton
Metta,

Specifically, which combinations are you using?  Typically a Shift+Character is not enough, you would need to do Shift+Ctrl+Character...

Thanks,
Matt
metta
Thanks for your feedback, Matt.

As I indicated previously, I've tried using multiple modifier keys with no success.

> Previously, the keyboard shortcut wouldn't even be inserted into the list after entering the modifier key combination.
-- Usually the combination was Shift+Ctrl+ a letter key, for example Shift+Ctrl+O (for open)

> Today, when I tried  the Shift+Ctrl+O combination:
-- the shortcut was added into the list (unlike before)
-- but now the shortcut didn't work.

Please advise.
mcaton
Which setting did you use this for?  I'll test it specifically.

Thanks,
Matt
nordak

I've had a similar issue (sounds like Patrick was able to reproduce it today).

I set up Shift-Ctrl-F as a Thought>Forget keyboard shortcut withing TB9.  
The combination shows up in the key combo column in Preference>Keyboard, as well as the popup when in the plex, right clicking on a Thought (i.e. "Forget    Shift-Ctrl-F").  
Pressing the combo doesn't do anything.  

I have not tried other shortcuts (commands beyond Forget, or different key combinations for Forget).

This is for PC version, build 9.0.147.0
mcaton
Nordak,

Thanks for the follow up.  Indeed, I was unable to use keystrokes to forget a Thought after setting my shortcut to CTRL+Shift+F.  I'll document this issue for further review.

Thanks,
Matt
metta
Apologies for the delay in getting back with you on this, Matt. At this point, I'm not certain which shortcut I was trying to create, but it may have been Attachment > Open
mcaton
Thanks Metta,

I'll spend some time focusing testing this one as well.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software