Cerebrum
Try this in Notes:
Type "WordWord2" (no space).
Then move the cursor after the "d" in "Word" and press Shift-Enter to create a new line without creating a new paragraph.

"Word2" moves to another line for an instant, then moves back to the original position, and the cursor moves between the "o" and "r" of "Word".

This happens with any combination of letters that is not a word recognized by the spell-checker.
For example, it doesn't happen when separating "Snowflake" into "Snow" and "flake", but happens if you start with "Snewflake". 

No problem if I turn off spell-check.

FWIW, after I typed a few items for a list, I didn't want the double-spacing so I was trying to fix the list by using Shift-Enter.

One more thing: If you're in Notes and you press "Ctrl-Enter", it opens Thought Properties. Kind of counter-intuitive to have keystrokes in Notes affect the Plex.
pthompson
Cerebrum wrote:

"Word2" moves to another line for an instant, then moves back to the original position, and the cursor moves between the "o" and "r" of "Word".

This happens with any combination of letters that is not a word recognized by the spell-checker.
For example, it doesn't happen when separating "Snowflake" into "Snow" and "flake", but happens if you start with "Snewflake". 

No problem if I turn off spell-check.

I am not able to replicate this and have tried on both macOS and Windows, but if it is not happening when spell-check is turned off I would wait to test this again once we are able to address general issues in Notes that are known with spell-check being turned on.
mcaton

Cerebrum,

I was able to replicate.  We have a ticket open right now for the issues that Spellcheck is having with the "jumping cursor." I'll add your steps to the document as a way to reproduce.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software