The search tools don't find a word when it is preceded by a contraction :

D’ (contraction of DE)

J’ (contraction of JE)

L’ (contraction of LE / LA)

C’ (contraction of CE)

M’ (contraction of ME)

QU’ (contraction of QUE)

S’ (contraction of SE / SI)

For example : Searching the word "amour" doesn't return any result when the sentence (thought title, note, ...) is "Parler d'amour".

Best regards

Oli

Oli PB version : 6.0.7.9 OS : Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
ludovic
Hi Oli,

I tried myself and I confirm this issue.

regards

Ludovic
PB6.0 on Stick
pthompson
Oli,

Thank you for posting. I have tested this in both PersonalBrain 6 and TheBrain 7 beta and have been unable to produce the same issue. Just to be clear, you have these listed as Thoughts, correct? Ex: D'e as a Thought Qu'e as a Thought, etc. This is how I tested it and was able to search for all of the Thoughts.
Oli
Hi,
Thoughts are :
- parler D'amour
- L'enfer
- C'est la fête
- J'aime M'amuser
... within which there are contracted words.

pthompson
Oli,

I tested again with the Thoughts exactly as you have shared and still do not have any issues searching. In your signature, I notice you have listed, Java version : 1.6.0_29. Are you able to update to the latest version of Java (which should be Java version : 6.0_29)? 

Also, you might want to try rebuilding your Search and Instant Activation Indexes to see if this resolves the issue. To do this, navigate to File --> Utilities and select Rebuild Search Index and Rebuild Instant Activation Index.
Oli
pthompson,

Let's take the thought l'enfer for example.
"enfer" is a word and " l' " is another word.
I guess you searched for "l'enfer" as a whole word.
Please try with "enfer".

Java version is ok (version 6 update 29)

Rebuilding indexes had no effect.

pthompson
Oli, 

Sorry for my misunderstanding. I can now see what you are saying and have been able to reproduce this issue. I have submitted this as a bug report and have notified our engineers.

Regards,
pthompson
Oli,

This issue has been fixed in the latest release of TheBrain 7 beta (7.0.1.5). You can find the latest release by visiting this link. Please also make sure to rebuild your search and instant activation index by going to File ->> Utilities  and selecting Rebuild Search Index and Rebuild Instant Activation Index.

Regards,
Oli
Hi,

I tried the search tools in version 7.0.1.5.
They work pretty well about contracted words.

Thanks
Oli
Hi,

I don't want to upgrade to version 7 and the issue remains in version 6.

It would be great if you fix it.

Thanks.

Oli

Oli
Hi,

In the French language, contracted words have to be used when they're followed by a word which starts with a vowel.

It could be very usefull to improve the search function.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Oli
Oli
OK
If someone wants to try to produce the same issue, don't forget that there's no space between the two words.
L' enfer --> incorrect
L'enfer --> correct

Thanks

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software