MikeA
If you import IE favorites in a new brain, the import runs successfully. However, if you try to import your IE favorites again in the same brain PB 5.0.1.8 locks up. Only way out is to kill PB with task manager.

In version 4.5 we could import IE favorites twice in the same brain but it created duplicates which is a bug in my opinion. I was hoping PB 5.0 would correct this problem by skiping duplicates, and only importing new links and folders.

Using PB 5.0.1.8 WinXP.
-Michael
PB 6.0 Pro
JVM 1.6.0.23
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
MikeA

The above issue is still a problem in PB 5.0.1.9.

Click image for larger version - Name: 1-23-2009_6-35-51_PM.png, Views: 176, Size: 69.87 KB
-Michael
PB 6.0 Pro
JVM 1.6.0.23
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Harlan
Thanks for the post. We'll address the locking up problem shortly.
Regards,
-Harlan
bryan
I can't get the IE import to work at all ( not second time as indicated in the previous post, but the first time).  Every time I try it, PB locks up, and I have to close it using the Task Manager.
Harlan

This has been fixed in the 5.0.2.0 release.

Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan

Oops - spoke too soon. This fix did not make it into the build. It will be in the next release.

Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan

OK, now it's really fixed. 5.0.2.1.

Regards,
-Harlan
bryan
Well,  maybe not.....

The screen shot shows the error message I received on import.

Upon closing and re-opening, I didn't get another error message.  I have not checked to see if everything imported correctly.

Vista HP SP 1
IE 7.0.6

Click image for larger version - Name: Image1.jpg, Views: 102, Size: 55.83 KB
Harlan
Thanks for your post. The error you posted is due to a problem importing a bookmark with a very long name and is not related to the original problem. The import should have worked fine despite this error. We'll look into addressing this problem also.
Regards,
-Harlan
MikeA
Importing bookmarks does not lock up PB anymore.   However, it still imports duplicates.   Will this be fixed?

Using PB 5.0.2.3 and WinXP
-Michael
PB 6.0 Pro
JVM 1.6.0.23
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Harlan
Can you tell me why would you want to import your bookmarks more than once?
Regards,
-Harlan
Darkstar
  1. Because the user has added new bookmarks since his last import.
  2. Because the user has deleted some thoughts from his brain, and wants to re-create them.
  3. Because the user wants to import bookmarks from IE from his second computer, and there is some common "favorites" between both machines.

That's just off the top of my head why a user would want to do it.

-Darkstar

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software