RainerRoos
@Support:
I have problems with Index/Search function. It seems to me as if files in internal folders are not indexed. How to reproduce:
1. create a new brain
2. create a thought and place a text file in an internal (sub) folder
3. run indexing
4. search for any string within the text file
When the file is placed not in an internal subfolder of the thougth, then everything is working fine.
... Perhaps this is not a bug - nevertheless: so far I found no information in regard to this problem.
Any ideas ???

Rainer

PB 5.5
Windows XP
Java 1.6.0_17

Moe
Rainer, Thank You for posting and welcome to the forum . You are correct, file attachments inside folders are not indexed. However, If you use the import folder feature (File > Import Folder), PB will create Thoughts for each folder which contain file attachments then attach the file attachments as internal to your Brain. The import folder feature will index the imported file attachments.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Moe

RainerRoos
... thanks for the hint. Perhaps it makes sense to add this to the next version of the manual. At least I could not find any comment about this behaviour of PB.
Rainer

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software