rengel
would be more consistent with other software;
gives more room for history;
the right side of my PB toolbar is practically unused (aside from the Logo, which I don't need at this place).

Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
BSTD
Well, I don't use the toolbar at all. That saves precious real estate (notebook user!) and everything on the toolbar is accessible elsewhere - at least that's what I think.
Dryopithecus
I don't use the toolbar either. But I use the history quite a lot. The search box just takes too much space from the history.

I prefer to place the search box on top of history.
Click image for larger version - Name: search_box.png, Views: 87, Size: 7.71 KB
Dryopithecus
Maybe the Search Box could be hidden by default. When one want to search something, press a keyboard shortcut (or hover the mouse on some area) to bring up the Search Box.

Like the Quick Find of firefox.
nw
I disagree. I rely upon the search box being in focus when you switch to PB to help navigate to the correct thought. Seldom use history.

I do however think the use of the toolbar could be reviewed. I also disable it, mainly because I don't like see the big logo right in front of me all the time - I already know I'm using PB4 with the logo cluttering up the GUI.
Dryopithecus
nw, you could do it the same way you used to, even if the Quick Search Box is hidden by default.

Because the Quick Search works ONLY IF the Plex gets the focus (at least that's what I think).

If the Quick Search of PB can behaves like the Quick Find of Firefox, then you can turn on the "Search for text when I start typing" feature. When the Plex gets the focus, typing any character brings up the Quick Search Box and shows search results.
Click image for larger version - Name: 0.png, Views: 65, Size: 31.14 KB
nw
Dryopithecus,

I'm not familiar with Quick Find in Firefox, but sounds like similar behaviour in PB would meet my needs.

Nigel

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software