ItsTomOBrien
Hi all,
I have recently rediscovered a Windows App called Activewords and have been using it to boost  my productivity - to the tune of about 20 minutes per day saved every day.

One of the ways I have done this is to create a quick script (see below) which can be used with Activewords to add a new thought to the brain with a few keystrokes (no alt-tabbing, no mouse clicking).

There is a free version of Activewords you can use with the below method:

The Method
1. Need to create new thought (could have URL in clipboard, or just something you want to add).
2. Invoke active word (I use "ba" - standing for "brain add" - followed by 2 spaces or the F8 shortcut key to launch.
3. A new child thought is created below a "catch all" thought (the first pin in the plex).
4. It's captured, I can "garden" the  brain at a later time if I want to put  it in a more appropriate place

The above saves me about 3-5 seconds each time I use it and every second counts!

Not sure if it will work with ESP mode to get to a relevant thought, but you may want to play with it.

The Activewords Script
<WAIT FOR WINDOW:TITLE=MyBrain:2]><CTRL>1</CTRL><F6>

You can quickly create a new script and paste the above in the script area. What it does is:
1. Goes to your open brain, waits up to 2 seconds to get focus (normally instantaneous.
2. Simulates CTRL+1 which goes to 1st thought pinned to plex (the catch all though).
3. F6 to create a new child thought.

When you've done, ALT+TAB back to your program or give the thought a tag/context there  and  then.

Hope this helps.
Tom

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software