fLZogu2d
Looks like I'm going to take the plunge - I'm going to buy PB.

But I'm not clear on the licensing and have these two questions:

1. Am I getting the following right - PB Core comes with 1 license and PB Pro comes with 2 licenses?

2. I can run either Core or Pro from a USB device (thumb-drive)?

Much thanks.

- Brett

Dryopithecus
Hi,

I think all versions of PB (Free, Core, Pro) can be run from a USB device. But I'm not sure about your first question, I previously thought both Core and Pro can be installed on 2 computers, but I might be wrong, I advise you to e-mail support@thebrain.com.
fLZogu2d
Thanks Dryopithecus,

I'll email support to find out.
fLZogu2d
So here's the clarification directly from TheBrain support for anyone who's interested:

Yes, with Core,  you can also install onto two computers. One difference is they must be the same OS. If you use Mac and Windows, only Pro will work for this.

Darkstar
So, to summarize what you were told: 2 licenses for Core and Professional. Core limits you to the same OS type (Windows, Mac, *Nix), while Pro does not.

Correct?
-Darkstar
fLZogu2d
Hi Darkstar.

Your summary is correct.

To get the second license if you are a Core or Pro owner, you just email Support@theBrain.com to request it.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software