sbunnell
I notice the option to "include quick search index" is currently not available in the latest version of pb7 beta.  Is this by design?
pthompson
sbunnell,

Thank you for posting. Are you referring to the option to include the Search Index when creating a BrainZip? If so, this feature should still exist in the latest version of TheBrain 7 beta.
sbunnell
hmm, I wonder why I'm not seeing it?  Attached screen shot
Click image for larger version - Name: no_search_index_option.jpg, Views: 64, Size: 363.05 KB
mcaton
sbunnell,

Thank you for posting.  Yes, the instant search is now included in all SiteBrains by default.

Thank you,
Matt
sbunnell
Thanks Matt, if that is the case...I've noticed that when you try and type in a string...it's far less accurate with the thoughts that pop up.  (on the exported brain)
If I type in Jack for example, knowing there is a thought called Jack doe...I see jclient*
Jim Sch*
Jared lam*
Jeff Mig*
Then finally Jack Sel*....

Maybe I just don't understand the logic that the searchengine is using and I believe it has come a LONG! way since I first started using PB in version 3...but at least on the export side, it appears to not working very well alphabetically.

You seeing the same with pb7 beta?

pthompson
sbunnell,

I have tested this with a SiteBrain export and do see what you are referring to. Search seems to be less intuitive than it should. I have found that this has been submitted as a bug and has been sent over to our engineers for review. I will add this report to the bug. Thank you.

Regards,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software