danlandrum
There has been a surprise update of QuickSilver and so far (crossed fingers) it is playing nicely with Personal Brain again. Both Quicksilver and Google's QSB (Quick Search Box) would cause PB to crash in the past. I have not tried QSB again since it hasn't been updated since last August. 

Hopefully there are others here who are as excited as I am about this surprising development.  Oh, how I missed QuickSilver and did my best to get by with Apple's Spotlight, which was always a poor replacement.

Any other former Quicksilver users out there?  I'm going to start exploring how to integrate QS into PB and wonder if anyone else wants to participate. I'm still using Mac OS 10.5.8 and understand that Snow Leopard users never got, nor will get full QuickSilver functionality. The link below is to the MacUpdate page where you can download the updated QS.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14831/quicksilver
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
pvonk
I used QS some time ago and when I decided to return to it, I did some research on the web.  I came across Launchbar mentioned in many forums and in one, I found a quote from the creator of QS who recommended that folks move over to Launchbar, as QS was not going to continue development and that Launchbar was more advanced and better supported.

I'm surprised by your note that QS has a surprise update.  At any rate, I've moved over to LB.
Simplify, Simplify, Simplify - Thoreau
mcaton
All good to know.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Matt
zenrain
I don't think I could use a Mac without LaunchBar installed...

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
richramos
I'm seeing this posting a little late, but just putting in my $0.02, LaunchBar is absolutely the way to go on the Mac.  Probably the single most useful util on the Mac.

Are the any thread discussing any tips on using PB in conjunction with LB?

Thanks,
Rich
zenrain
I don't think there is any way to get LaunchBar to interact with PB other than launching it. Mainly because PB doesn't support applescript.
However, the possibility of setting a script to transfer a search term in LB to PB's instant search, or automatically move the thought name's text to LaunchBar would be abso-fricking-lutely awesome.

Edit: This may not require Applescript support. If PB took advantage of OSX's services, than I think LB could integrate that way.
Heck, PB just providing these options in services without LaunchBar integration would be great too.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
richramos

Actually I think there are ways to both of these:

Quote:
... transfer a search term in LB to PB's instant search, 

"Copy & Paste with single keystroke" should work to transfer LB's selected item to the search box of PB, if that's where the focus is when you left PB.
cmd-shift-C 

Quote:
... or automatically move the thought name's text to LaunchBar would be abso-fricking-lutely awesome.

You should be able to use "instant send" for this.  You just have to get the text of the thought selected first.  There seem to be several ways to do that now with KBAs.

zenrain
Thanks for the feedback, I completely forgot about the copy to LB.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software