ruudhein
I have several thoughts named "Info".

I also have a Type named "Info", applied to the above thoughts.

For sorting purposes I needed to rename the Type to ".Info", at which point TB asked me if I also wanted to rename the thoughts in which that word appears.
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
mcaton
Ruud,

Yes, since these Thoughts are connected, TheBrain assumes that you are using the comma trick (context sensitive naming). Obviously, in this scenario, you can click on NO and only change the one Thought.  

If you'd like to see more about how the comma trick is used, I have a Brain 101 recording available at 
- skip ahead to the 31:30 mark.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
I think that in the case of a type, the automatic rename should not happen actually.
Regards,
-Harlan
mcaton
I'll document the auto-update request to ignore types and tags.

Thanks,
Matt
pshanks

It would also be nice if the auto-update could also be controlled.
(see screen-shot for an example)

It did it once (messed up my brain) and only wanted to do child thoughts or below.

2018-02-08_17-18-31.jpg 

TheBrain 11.0.120.0, iOS V10.0.
Windows 10 (V19041), Windows 7 SP1, OS X V10.15.x
Using The Brain since V3 (1999)

ruudhein
Oh, smart!

Never had the use case but strikes me as very useful
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
Harlan
FYI, if you use the auto-rename and the result is not what you wanted, just select "Undo".
Regards,
-Harlan
mcaton
In our most recent update, renaming a Thought connected to others via Context Sensitive Naming (The Comma Trick) will not effect Thought Types and Tags.  Build 9.0.248 is now available on the Alpha Channel.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software