Kriggel23
I see two processes with the name "TheBrain 9", both at appr. 65% CPU, time 2:12 hours resp. 4:46 hours.

BUT: TB9 is NOT up and running?!

Can I please have some more information about that: are they needed, or is it just a bug these two processes are alive?

Kriggel23
zenrain
I'm guessing TheBrain aborted but never shut down the executable at some point? If TheBrain is closed you should be able to close the processes safely. If you have the output.log it may be worth it to email to support.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Harlan
If I remember correctly, you are on macOS? Like many other macOS applications, TheBrain does not close when you close the window. You have to Quit via the menu or Cmd+Q. There should not be two however. Also, the process should be called "TheBrain" not "TheBrain 9" - is yours different for some reason?
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
Harlan,

right, macOS 10.12.1.
I always quit TB9 with Cmd-Q (beside crashes ...).
"TheBrain 9" - yes, absolutely sure, there were - multiple times - two processes with exact this name. One small detail: on startup of TB9, the associated process has this name, and changes (after a second?) to "TheBrain".
TB8 and TB9 are both on this machine, TB8 is not active/running/in use, only TB9.

Kriggel23
Harlan
Interesting. Good find. My guess is that macOS uses the application's package name while it is loading and then uses the real name once loading completes. Leads me to believe that something went wrong during startup causing the process to hang prior to being fully loaded. Not sure what might have caused that, will have to investigate further if we can find a way to reproduce. I doubt there will be anything in the log FYI because it doesn't start writing to the log until the loading process has completed.
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
Highscore! "TheBrain 9" three times!

Bildschirmfoto 2016-12-14 um 14.41.01.png 

Kriggel23

mcaton
Christian,

Thanks for the screenshot.  We've documented this issue for further review.

Thanks,
Matt
zenrain
I just had this occur to me again, so I emailed the Output.log and error log file for today to support. Ticket 52764

Edit: I only found it because when I did an attachment search, nothing showed. I checked the Activity Monitor just in case and saw the extra process running. I shut down and restarted both the process and application and then attachment results started showing again (with the 6 second delay).
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
Thanks zenrain. We've added the logs to the bug report.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software