Fantastic
I know I know...  go buy EKP. But that just isn't going to happen for me.

I'd like my supervisor to be able to thought link from his brain to my brain and the brain of my co-worker, such that he can navigate and see my thoughts while I am working. Right now only one user can read a brain file at a time. It does not open a thought, or a brain file in read-only mode in the way a word or excel file does. Maybe if he could even add a child thought to mine.

Working in isolation  
Tracy
Hi Fantastic, Thanks for posting. Are you familiar with WebBrain Services? This is our online back-up, synchronization and clouding service for PersonalBrain. Start a free 30 day trial. This will allow you to sync your brain securely to the cloud and then give others reader access. They would then be able to open your Brain in their browser and they would be reader only. We also offer something called TeamBrain which would allow for real time collaboration (multiple editors accessing same time) Check out http://webbrain.com for more details. Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
Fantastic

Hi Tracy,

I work for the government. The Web Brain service would never be allowed on our network unless it was resident on our own servers and operated exclusively on an Intranet. It is amazing how hard it is for me to get PB(pro) on my work machine.  

Here is a bit of trivia I just learned. The basic version of PB can not be installed on a government IT asset because it is available as freeware. Apparently this opens up some legal liability issues and the easiest was to solve the issue is to say no to the software requests. If it were available as a Limited Edition version at any nominal cost, then it could be installed.

I just read up more about TeamBrain. The same IT rules would apply. It has to reside entirely and operate independant of any outside network. Unless it is available to operate as an independant intranet server (at a nominal cost) it will not be allowed on internal IT assets. In fact, the ability for PB to access your server may hinder it's ability to pass internal IT security controls. If PB "phones home" or attempts any automatic outside network access, it will be shut out, shut down, and removed.

I love my PB. But I have to follow the rules of the org until they make me emperor. After that, everybody will have PB!

Fantastic!
Tracy
Hi Fantastic,
Thanks for writing back. I certainly understand your constraints working for government. The good news is that we are working on a TeamBrain server edition for later this year. I certainly will keep you updated in the coming months on this. Finally, in terms of BrainEKP, not sure how long you looked into it, or how much detail you have on it, but we could certainly cover our current product and licensing model to see if it fits within your group. BrainEKP has been installed within a few different government groups. Just let me know if interested and we can connect offline. Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software