igoldsmid1
5.5.2.1 - Java 6 - 17 Windows 7 x64

Horribly slow operation ! Only 200 Thoughts, 206 links ...

Seems like the recent import from Mind Manager may have bogged PB down... Don't know ...

Anyway - really irritatingly slow - almost want to not use PB ...

Please advise

Ian Goldsmid
mcaton
Ian,

Normally, I would want to take a look at your output.log file, but in this case, I'm more interested in seeing a copy of the Mind Manager file that was imported.  Sounds like something in the contents may be the cause.  Can you post or send us a copy for testing?

Thank you,
Matt
igoldsmid1
Matt thanks for super quick response - I have just emailed the Mindmanager file to support@thebrain.com for your attention
Ian Goldsmid
igoldsmid1
I really hope you've had a chance to start looking into this issue? You got the MindManager file I emailed to you?
Ian Goldsmid
Moe
Ian,

Yes, we have received your Mind Manager file and we are taking a look into the issue now. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Moe

igoldsmid1
Did some Mindmanager Import Experiments / Testing Today.

Have discovered the issue!

When importing a lot of Mindmanager topics that have task information set - i.e. that create calendar events into PB - this causes some kind of corruption (I am guessing) in PB - and causes PB to slow to a crawl especially when double clicking on the plex to open and close tools, and creating/linking Thoughts.

I removed all the task info from the previously imported Mind Map - and then imported into PB. This succeeded, and this Brain now works perfectly...

Also it may not be anything to do with importing from Mindmanager - Perhaps the slowness kicks in after a certain number of events exist in the calendar - or too many events in one day. The Mindmanager imports I did created more than 50, even more than 100 events on one day - maybe that's the issue?

Ian Goldsmid

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software