dthede

Has anyone a good way to represent recursive relationships, recursive processes, and self-similar (fractal) relationships in Personal BRAIN?

dthede
tcahill
dthede wrote:
Has anyone a good way to represent recursive relationships, recursive processes, and self-similar (fractal) relationships in Personal BRAIN?

The only way I've come up with is to treat the recursive objects as multiple interdependent thoughts.

Assume there are two root elements in a recursive relationship, let's call them One and Two. These become (parent) thoughts "One" and "Two". Each of these thoughts have two child thoughts with comma names (i.e., "One, input" : "One, output" : "Two, input" : "Two, output")

You can now represent a recursive relationship via the interrelated links of the six thoughts. The result is not as elegant as the idea it seeks to represent, but it does capture the essential recursive nature. I prefer to this arrangement in expanded view, and it would definitely benefit if saving expanded view layouts are ever implemented.
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
dthede

Thanks for the reply!  That will shift my thinking when I get back to it, later.  Next issue will be how to represent feedback loops like hysteresis and heterodyne.

dthede
Darkstar
That is one capability I've wanted Personal Brain to have since version 1.

I end up doing quite something similar to tcahill where I cannot create an expanded detail of chain.

One day, hopefully, PB will get around to allowing thoughts to self-reference.
-Darkstar

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software