Harlan
Version 6.0.0.8 fixes a problem where registration information is lost spontaneously. Unforunately, this fix requires re-activating PersonalBrain again. I know I said the last time would be the last time, but this time I mean it - and if we didn't make this change, re-activation would have been necessary anyway because of the problem this fixes. Sorry again - that's why it's beta...

Also, we made a change to the registration process so that you should not have any problems with the server refusing your activation.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Regards,
-Harlan
harlander
Hi! Well, registration is lost in 6.0.0.8 - and I cannot reactivate it, as all options to upgrade from the free edition to pro are unavailable - greyed out. Now I cannot even use core features any more...

Well, I guess, I have to wait for the next version...

Andreas
harlander
After a few tries and restarts it worked. I don't know why.
Harlan
Andreas, thanks for the update. Obviously were are kinks in the registration system that hopefully are now worked out.

Thanks again all for your patience.
Regards,
-Harlan
Underdog
Harlan,
when opening an existing 5.5 Pro brain with 6.0.1.0-b the message appears that "Pro Edition features will not be available while using this Brain since it was created before your trial period began." Checking under "about..." confirms that "Pro Edition trial cannot be used on this brain. Beta expires in 55 days."

Is this intentional? If so, that puts an end to the beta testing for me.

Click image for larger version - Name: Zwischenablage01.jpg, Views: 180, Size: 12.46 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Zwischenablage02.jpg, Views: 179, Size: 29.24 KB

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Moe
Underdog, Thanks for posting. Yes, you are correct this has been done intentionally.

Thanks,
Moe
Underdog
You're kidding?! So it is not possible to test the Pro features of PB 6 on an existing PB5.5 brain?! Beta testers have to make a brain from scratch and/or import existing PB5.5 thoughts/attachments into a newly created PB6 brain???

I guess we beta testers have to earn the discount the time-consuming way.

Thanks for the quick response.

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software