tonja
Hello,

I tried to make my text cloud readable and used the expanded view, fixed some extended thoughts and increased the spaces.

But my network don't relax and always wobbling around?
(so it is unconfortable for a quiet reading)

How can I relax the network? 

Greetings,

jbennett
Hello Tonja, 

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by "relax the network."  Can you please clarify?

James
tonja
Hello James,

the PB7 brain has 900 thoughts and 1400 Links (most with link-types). If I dive in the network in and increase the spacing, I like to find my corner where I what to make some deep dive.

But if there are many objects (links and thoughts) and some thoughts have line breaks... than the network don't relax and all the items jump around, so I can read nothing of this heap of information.

Greetings,

jbennett
Tonja, 

Perhaps it would help to expand and collapse certain thoughts.  Please refer to our expanded view tutorial for more information.  

James
tonja
Hello James,

even if I view only 3 thoughts, to long one and one short jump thought. On my screen the jump-thought is jumping, flickering around. Only after I switched the applications for- and backward suddenly the PB7-screen is calm.  

This is very unpleasent during a quite "thinking process". 

Greetings,
Click image for larger version - Name: Bildschirmfoto_2012-08-03_um_06.22.37.png, Views: 72, Size: 133.11 KB
JAz
I've experienced what I think is the same thing the OP is describing -  a state where the plex, specifically the thoughts around the active thought are, for lack of a better term, jittery - bouncing around the plex and around the active thought, sometimes swapping places with each other or, again for lack of a better term, 'rubbing' against each other and 'jittering' - like too much coffee.  

It's almost as if the thoughts can't finalize where in the plex they belong at the moment and the net result is a Keystone Kops-ish mad-dash musical-chairs to find a place.  Kind of comical really.  I usually just switch a few thoughts then alt-leftArrow to get back.  I'll try OP's trick of switching to another app then back.

Also, just to be clear, the plex doesn't have to be very full, as OP points out. A half dozen thoughts I've seen it with.

I've been experimenting with raising the JVM RAM to see if that calms down this and some other video and slowness vagrancies.  My assumption is that it's just Java bustin' chops and being finicky.  I've got gobs of RAM on the OS (16GB) so I can't see why Java acts so constrained.

I've now raised my -Xms to 256M (after having raised to 128 then 192.) This is after having raised -Xmm as high 768M though -Xmm seems to have done little.  The JVM doesn't seem to really sense there is much RAM to grow into after it's instantiated since it just doesn't really grow.  I'm hoping that maybe starting it higher will workaround that and see an improvement.  This is all on the assumption that Java is what's causing the wonky video in the first place of course. 

On the subject but as an aside:  How accurate or what exactly is being reported by the RAM statistics in TB's top left corner (turned on in preferences)?  It doesn't seem to jive with anything in Java CP or Console.
Thanks and hth,

J.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software