garethhowell53
Hi
I've just migrated from a PC to a Mac and have also upgraded from version 4 to version 6.
All the external attached files are now unlinked. There are hundreds of them.

Is there a tool that will go through the Brain and check the file attachments, and then automatically re-attach external files?

Also, when clicking on an external attachment and being prompted to re-link the file, is there a way to change the base folder from which the auto-search starts from? Currently, it starts from the root folder, whereas I want it to start from the Documents folder.

Gareth
mcclan29
I would love to see an added interface to present all <unattached/broken links> and allow fixing them, let me group some and point to a new subfolder and search there for the files etc.

AND
I'd like a utlity that could find all locally linked files and copy (or move) every file to a new directory structure ... to organize the linked files into a portable group , so I could transport them to my laptop running brain and have them all resolved
zenrain
Quote:
Is there a tool that will go through the Brain and check the file attachments, and then automatically re-attach external files?

The closest to this functionality is File > Utilities > Replace Attachment Locations. It allows you to type the old path and then the new path, basically a Find & Replace function for file paths.
You can replace part of the file path, which works well if one of your base folder names changed, but not the name of the folders that store your files.

Quote:
Also, when clicking on an external attachment and being prompted to re-link the file, is there a way to change the base folder from which the auto-search starts from? Currently, it starts from the root folder, whereas I want it to start from the Documents folder.

I'm not aware of one, sorry.

@mcclan29, good sugguestions. You should enter them in UserVoice.
Hmm, on second thought, don't do that, I'd have to re-jigger my votes...

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
garethhowell53
zenrain wrote:
Quote:

The closest to this functionality is File > Utilities > Replace Attachment Locations. It allows you to type the old path and then the new path, basically a Find & Replace function for file paths.
You can replace part of the file path, which works well if one of your base folder names changed, but not the name of the folders that store your files.

Yes, I saw that. The attachment names haven't changed an the folder structure is basically the same; it's just that it's on a Mac now rather than a PC.

I'll have go and see what happens. I'll make sure Time Machine has run first though :-)

Thanks

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software