bkonia
It's super-annoying to have to re-login to Brainbox every time we restart the browser. Could you please add a checkbox option to store the session in a cookie with an expiration of preferably a year or more, but at least 30 days?

I understand there are security risks, but in this day and age, the security at the OS level is more than adequate and once you're logged into Windows, any further authentication is redundant. Some users may disagree, but no one is forcing them to enable the checkbox.

The fact is, if someone steals your computer and somehow is able to login to Windows, they already have access to your local Brain, so there's nothing to be gained by making it more difficult to access your cloud Brain. It just makes it inconvenient for us as users to have to constantly re-enter our credentials.
ruudhein
+1

I use AutoHotkey at the moment to just fill this in but a logged in function would be nicer
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
DavidGretzschel
EDIT:
Should probably just pin the Inbox thought, so it's just ctrl+1 instead of the search nonsense.
Pretty sure with a couple minutes of practice, it'd be faster than me grabbing the mouse and hitting that box.
Definitely faster than trackpad.
-----

I've tried it recently. I don't see the point, anyway.
I can just do: alt+d (select url in Chrome), ctrl+c, win+1 (TheBrain is always pinned in the first position),
hit ctrl+s (just to make sure, I'm focussing on the Plex), type inb (for calling my inbox as the first result), hit enter,
hit ctrl+shift+b (my command for "Thought>paste as new Thought"), hit win+2 (to get back to Chrome).
Or rather I'll write an AHK-script for that, cause that sounds suspiciously like work.
But even without a script, I don't see how the BrainBox saves time, unless you really do use multiple Brains.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DavidGretzschel
But yeah, it should remember the login-info.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

DavidGretzschel
@ruudheim
you're using AHK for passwords? Tell me more, please.

--
---
---

bkonia
@DavidGretzschel, The BrainBox saves time because it's one click, instead of all the shenanigans you listed. However, it's annoying that you have to be logged in to use it and even more annoying that it doesn't retain the session, so you constantly have to login again. If you have TB installed locally, it should post directly to your local database instead of posting to the cloud. Otherwise, it should retain the session in a cookie, not start a new session every time you restart your browser.
ruudhein
@DavidGretzschel I rarely use it for password. I'm a LastPass user. But in a situation like this.... I type an abbreviation and it fills out the login info into the extension's login form and submits it. For whatever reason the extension doesn't maintain login state like all other extension do, so...

Btw, if you use pinned taskbar items, consider mapping keys to them 🙂 I open Chrome with tilde, TheBrain with right alt, Dynalist with right shift, and Visual Studio Code with right control

And yes, using the BrainBox can be handy at times to have no friction. You're doing something else, click, it's stored, deal with it later, work on

Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
nick
Documented as a feature request. 
DavidGretzschel
With pinned taskbar items, I can change the order to my liking. The nth entry will always correspond to windows+n. So I can always launch with win+1 and if already launched, I can easily move between multiple instances with arrow keys and Enter.

--
---
---

DavidGretzschel
You are remapping window+rightAlt to the pinned Taskbar item somehow? Not sure I understand what you're doing.

--
---
---

Harlan
The login information for BrainBox is now stored for much longer (I think it’s a week) and if you use it within that time it will keep extending itself so you never have to login. FYI, there were technical reasons why we could not do this easily earlier. 
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software