Cerebrum

I created a "Link to Thought" in Notes by using the "Insert Link to Thought" command.
How do I remove the link?
As it is, I simply copied the text and pasted it using "Paste and match format" but there should be a way of removing the link.

pthompson
Cerebrum,

Highlight (select) link > Remove Inline Formatting.

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 2.23.56 PM.png 
Cerebrum
Thanks, that works, but it is not intuitive. Removing a link is not the same as removing formatting. In TB8, the command is "Remove Hyperlink", which makes more sense.

I expect the command to remove a link to be near the command to insert it. Also, it would be nice to access the command with a right-mouse-click, like in TB8.

And, why "inline" formatting? We don't have "inline" Bold and Italic formatting, or "inline" foreground and background colors. [nono]

pthompson
Thanks for the feedback. I will document it as a feature request.

Cerebrum wrote:

And, why "inline" formatting? We don't have "inline" Bold and Italic formatting, or "inline" foreground and background colors. [nono]

We do actually. The inline formatting is behind the scenes. If you open your Note in a browser, you can view the inline formatting by viewing the page source.
Cerebrum
I was referring to the word "inline", which doesn't appear in the menu except in "Remove Inline Formatting". That's confusing.
pthompson wrote:
If you open your Note in a browser, you can view the inline formatting by viewing the page source.
How do I open a Note in a browser and why would I want to?
pthompson
There is an icon/option for this:  Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.32.02 AM.png 

It's available because it is a common feature some like to use in Notes. It is also available in TheBrain 8 and may come into play later with new features.
Cerebrum
Ah, it's available in "More Notes Editor Actions".

Wait, if I make the Notes section wider than 10 inches, a bunch of icons appear: underline, strikethrough, superscript and subscript, and all of the "More" actions. Less than 10 inches wide and they all disappear.
pthompson
Cerebrum wrote:
Ah, it's available in "More Notes Editor Actions".

Wait, if I make the Notes section wider than 10 inches, a bunch of icons appear: underline, strikethrough, superscript and subscript, and all of the "More" actions. Less than 10 inches wide and they all disappear.

Yes, while it is still a work in progress, this is the intended functionality. Some of the missing options when the Notes toolbar is smaller has already been documented.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software