jbaty
If I attach an .html file to a thought, should that document then be rendered by the internal browser when selected? Currently I'm only seeing the source HTML and not the rendered page as it would be seen in a browser. Is it possible to force TheBrain to render internal/attached HTML files using the browser?
metta

Thank you, jbaty, for raising this question.

At one point (quite some time ago) I seem to recall HTML files actually being viewable within the internal browser (both desktop and web client)....and then, at some point later on, this changed.

Ever since I've been wondering why since I, too, would like to be able to view internal/attached HTML files using the internal browser.

COMPUTERHLP
Although attaching an .HTML file to a Thought does not display as expected in the desktop client browser, this method will display correctly in the web client internal browser (after synch). This can be an alternative workaround for webpages which otherwise cannot be displayed in i-Frames.  Unfortunately, the two TB browser clients can't seem to agreeably work together for the same cause. At least on the desktop client you can click the little arrow icon on the tab to launch the HTML attachment externally - this should work.
COMPUTER.HLP
metta
COMPUTERHLP wrote:
Although attaching an .HTML file to a Thought does not display as expected in the desktop client browser, this method will display correctly in the web client internal browser (after synch).

Thank you for your feedback, Dennis. Unfortunately, in my experience, not all HTML attachments do display correctly in the internal browser. For example, this html file should have a white background, but it displays (in the web client only) with a grey background instead.

Moreover, the fact that the desktop and web client displays do not match makes the html attachment option completely impractical for me to use.
ruudhein
This is strange indeed. I know HTML files used to display. Now they show the source code.

Hope his is just a regression, not a "feature"
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | PrintFriendly | TheBrain v11.0.28.0

(Windows 10)
metta
Agree with you completely, Ruud.

Hope the HTML display in the desktop will (eventually) be fixed again.
shatcher
Thank you all for your input on this. I have added all of your input to the bug report, and let our engineers know that HTML files no longer preview.
bot__bot
Would much appreciate an update on this. Was semi-relying on this function which had been working just fine.
ruudhein
If possible. Even if it's an issue with the embedded browser, and it's out of control of the dev team, this would be nice to know.
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | PrintFriendly | TheBrain v11.0.28.0

(Windows 10)
mcaton
No update to provide, but I nudged this issue with our engineers.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software