GerSch
Is there no way to reorder the checklist items in my own sorting order?
Harlan
Do you mean checklists in notes? If so, then you should use cut and paste to re-arrange them.
Regards,
-Harlan
GerSch
Yes, checklists in notes. Cut and paste..., mmh!? I´m testing this way to organize my tasks for a day. Therefore a lot of rearranging is necessary, cut and paste is no option. I would like to see rearranging like we can do in Google Keep...
danlandrum
While I'd like to see implementation of some of the suggestions here in the forum, the notes pane is not a task management app. If you like the way Google Keep works, why not just keep using it as an attachment to your brain? I'm doing something similar with TaskPaper. So far, it is working out quite well, and the addition of TB's attachment search makes it zippy to find all my thoughts that have .taskpaper attachments. From there I just use theBrain's multiple built in tools to organize my priorities and work. I'm lovin' it and back to bugging all my friends to try it. 
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
zenrain
It's a good idea, but danlandrum's post (and workflow too apparently) sum up my feeling on this also.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
GerSch
Yes @danlandrum I thought about using Google Keep as an attachment, but I dismissed it, because when I search in TheBrain for such a task I would not find it. MAy be it makes sense to open a new thread for searching the way to integrate task managemant with TheBrain 9...

The example of tasks was an example. When I have there in the notes a shopping list I wouls sort the things to buy in a way how I would find them in the store... Cut and paste I´m not loving at this moment... ;-) And I think there are a lot more of examples where it makes sense to sort by my own...
pthompson
GerSch,

I'm curious in which situation something would not be searchable. If a link to a Google Keep checklist is renamed to something that would help me search for it easier, is that not working for you?
GerSch
I´m thinking about to have all tasks of a day in one Google Kepp note. So the thought will be named like 2016-11-26, Tasks or so... When I now search for a task in TheBrain I will not find the task in Google Keep, because TheBrain can not index these notes.
zenrain
I think you should work out what your key needs are up front. If having the task content indexible or accessible from other applications is one of those key needs, then this setup is not going to work before even leaving the gate.

If you are keeping your notes or tasks in a Web Application that requires a login then TheBrain will not be able to index or access the information. This security is done by design by the company creating the web application, to keep people who aren't you from reading your information and to encourage you to remain within their ecosystem.
It's not a limitation of TheBrain (8, 9 or any future versions). If you do a quick search, you will find that Google Keep doesn't even have an API for any other non-Google application to access it's information. 

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software