mctrexler
I have a bibliography with 150 entries, and want to create the same sub-thoughts for each bibliography entry, i.e. "Recommendations" that might be in that document.  Ideally "Recommendations, " so it automatically picks up the parent thought in the thought title.   I can't find any way, however, to replicate the thought through copy and paste or anything else.  Is there really no way to replicate a bunch of identically named sub-thoughts under numerous parent thoughts?

Thanks,
mctrexler
I've realized that I can simply past all of the subsidiary thoughts (with commas and semicolons) into a single new thought, and have them show up as desired.  So I only have to do one step for each bibliography entry, so not nearly as much of a pain as I'd thought.
BrentK
You may already know this, but here are two easy methods for selecting multiple Thoughts that you want to copy:
  1. If you have multiple layers of child Thoughts (i.e., each child Thought is a parent to other Thoughts), use "Edit > Crawl Brain" to select all child Thoughts down to a certain level.
  2. If you have only one layer of child Thoughts, you can select all of them by doing a CTRL+click on the parent Thought's child gate.
Once you've selected your Thoughts, right-click in the Selection window and then select 'Copy Selected Thoughts'.  Then navigate to the Parent thought and do a paste. 

If you want the pasted Thought(s) to have only a single parent (i.e., the parent under which you pasted the Thoughts), then you'll need to manually unlink the pasted Thought(s) from their original parent. 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software