JonnyB
Version 5.5.2.1.  Java 1.6.0_17.  Windows 7  Personal Brain Pro

2 major bugs

1.  Reports on orphans just hangs (freezes)
2.  The tabs (notes, reports, calendar, etc...) reset themselves to original every time I restart Personal brain.

mcaton
Jonny,

Thank you for contacting us.  We've not had any other reports of these issues that I know of.  Would it be possible for you to replicate these issues and send us a copy of your OUTPUT.LOG file?

Thank you,
Matt
JonnyB
Cany you give me instructions on how to get an output.log?  Thank you.

NorthFarm
@ Jonny.

It probably didn't freeze. It is just that there is no index for orphaned thoughts so it might take a really, really, REALLY long time to finish. In my Brain it takes approximately 1 hour to complete the report.

@ Matt.

Yes you have. We are several members that has been addressing this issue several times.

Please - please add the ability to cancel reports that run forever by pressing CTRL-Break. This is an old request.

Please - please activate hourglass mouse indicator to show that PB is working. This has also been requested several times before. Each time it shows up a few more places in the program.

With PB 5 being much more advanced - and therefore slower than earlier versions there should be an hourglass indicator turned on every time PB needs to look anything up. If it is fast we wouldn't notice it before it is turned off again.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
Moe
Hi Johnny,

Thank you for posting. The Orphan Thoughts report by default takes longer than other Reports to execute because the search is somewhat complex. I will log a request with our engineers to see if any optimization can be done to speed up the Orphan Thought Report generation process.

Regarding the tools tab re-setting, there was a similar report made here. By any chance, are you maximizing the Plex then minimizing not noticing the tabs re-setting until you close then re-open PB?? I tried replicating the issue (tabs reset themselves to original every time I restart Personal brain) on multiple Windows 7 machines in our lab but was unable to.

@Northfarm, I will put in a feature request with our developers to add the ability to cancel Reports. I will also make a mention of having some type of progress bar indicator so that the user knows the Report is running.

Thanks,
Moe

JonnyB
Thanks!

The problem seems to arise when I close Personalbrain while the tabs are minimized.  If the tabs are not minimized when I close the app, then Personal Brain remembers the last position of the tabs. 

It would be great to get this bug fixed as I often have the tabs minimized and easily forget to maximize them before closing. 

jostber
If parents or orphan ID of a thought were a part of the xml file, the orphan search could  be as quick as the other searches.
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
NorthFarm
@ Matt

Just to keep you on your toes about this one

First post I could find is from 4.5 Beta (May 2008) where Harlan promised to look into it: http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=2709176

The issue was raised again in Sept/Oct 2009, but with no comments from TheBrain: http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3689494

Hope to see this resolved soon

----------------------
NorthFarm
I have created a UserVoice suggestion on the "Cancel report" option.

http://thebrain.uservoice.com./forums/4597-personalbrain/suggestions/446186-make-it-possible-to-cancel-reports?ref=title

Please feel free to support this by adding you votes. According to Harlan votes in UserVoice do have an effect

----------------------
JonnyB
The tabs are still a problem.  Just wondering if there is any plans on fixing this simple bug.
Moe
JonnyB, Thanks for posting. The next major release of PB will contain a fix to the following issue. However, if the Tool (tabs) have been maximized and PB has been closed while in the maximized state the tabs will be reset to their default positions.

Thanks,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software