HarmenB
hello

In the report erea: when I select a parent type the subtypes (type-children) will be selected also.
So i'd like to be able to deselect one child/ subtype. But that can't be done:
brain report filter.jpg 

it would be nicer to be able to de-select a subtype........
Especially if i want all subtypes but one...

Harmen
NickMilner
Hi, sorry for the late reply on this one - missed it.

To get the behaviour you're looking for don't click on the parent type, just click on the subtype(s) you're interested in. It's not ideal because if you had many subtypes and wanted all except one you'd have to click all the ones you wanted separately. You should be able to click the parent and then deselect subtypes, but at least there's a workaround. 😉 Hope it helps!

/edit - you might already know you can select the subtypes separately - apologies if so.
mcaton
Nick is correct. Selecting from the bottom up is the solution.  In a deep set, such as the one you have pictured, every sub type below a selected type will always be checked. This is because (again, using your example) every dag IS a week and every week IS a Maand... etc.

Thanks,
Matt
DavidGretzschel

@mcaton
Yes, your reasoning makes perfect sense. Weekday is the parent type of Monday.
Every Mondday is a weekday, so if weekday is selected, Monday must be selected as well.
It is logically impossible therefore to unselect Monday, if Weekday is selected.

However, whenever I've seen nested-checkbox lists in the wild, they work the following way:
Unselecting Monday would also unselect the parent Weekday, but not the other children of Weekday, keeping Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday selected.
There is no drawback to doing checkboxes like that and I think everyone expects this and is annoyed when TheBrain doesn't do it that way.
Consider this a feature request, perhaps?

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

marcusyoung
Subtypes? Parent types? I thought there were just plane types. No mention in the manual that I can see.  Can someone tell me what they are and how to create them?
peterB
@marcusyoung

There's a bit on page 126 of the manual on "Super Types", which is another word for parent types. In the exact same way that you can assign a type to a thought, you can also assign a type to a type. The type you assigned to a type is now a super type!

-Peter

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software