MKH_Jr
I'm evaluating PersonalBrain.  One critical use is tracking action items.  I'm currently using thought type to track status (Done, Assigned, Working, Pending), and tags to identify resources assigned to the task (including who the task has been delegated to).  

What I haven't figured out is how to export all of this (Thoughts with their associated thought types and tags).  I also haven't seen an easy way to assign and manage dates with thoughts.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
glientsc
I like your GTD method regarding your use of types and tags.
Have you tried Custom reports, then select all thoughts and copy them as text?
For managing due dates, reminders etc, I just use the calender.
MKH_Jr
Quote:
Have you tried Custom reports, then select all thoughts and copy them as text?

Yes.  But the result is a list of thoughts without the thought type or tags associated with each thought. (Or am I missing something?)  I suppose I could create custom reports for each combination of thought type
(Done, Assigned, Working, Pending) and resource (currently about a half dozen).  This seems far too cumbersome, though.

glientsc
Right, I do not see a less "cumbersome" possibility. You could click on the resource, and sort your thoughts in the plex by thought type to get a quick overview. And you could make your thought types have supertypes and super supertypes, then select the "home supertype" and its children a few levels down to get a structured report of these types and your thoughts that have been assigned to that type.
Unfortunately one cannot sort by tag, or include tags in the selection list.
Regarding getting your data out of PB, PB doesn't offer flexible export possibilities.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software