kbunders
I like the Brainbox feature, but the workflow with the current user interface of the Brainbox feels inconsistent. I propose and request to have the Brainbox as a thought in the brain (everything added to the Brainbox will be added as a child of this thought), so that the 'gardening of my brain' workflow is more consistent.

Thanks for considering!

Best, Koen
Dell XPS 13 9343 | Windows 10 1903 | TheBrain 10.0.50.0 Pro License 
Laptop screen resolution 3200x1800, scaling 175%
Secondary screen resolution 3840x2160, scaling 125% (set as main display)

iPhone 7 Plus | 256 GB | ios 12.3.1 | TheBrain 10.0.3.1
PaddyVA
I like that idea of making everything added to BrainBox as a child to a base "BB" thought; I'm doing this manually now (as I described elsewhere in Forums a while ago), where I created a "BrainBox Intake" thought, then add the thoughts in the BrainBox to that thought as a first step; that gets them out of the BrainBox and makes them immediately searchable.  Then, I can connect them to other thoughts as I wish.

I've found that this step works a lot better if I process them from my iOS devices, rather than from TB on my Windows 10 PC; there is usually a several second lag for the process (using either drag and drop or the + option in the BB menu), and often, the attached article title isn't copied on Win10 TB, requiring more manual editing in the thought properties, but if I do it on the iOS device, either iPhone or iPad, it works much faster and seems always to get the title right.

So, if BB items became additions to such a thought instead of in the BB separately, it would save quite a lot of manual processing.
kbunders
PaddyVA, I have an identical workflow
Dell XPS 13 9343 | Windows 10 1903 | TheBrain 10.0.50.0 Pro License 
Laptop screen resolution 3200x1800, scaling 175%
Secondary screen resolution 3840x2160, scaling 125% (set as main display)

iPhone 7 Plus | 256 GB | ios 12.3.1 | TheBrain 10.0.3.1
galenmenzel
I would love this, since the consistent metaphor of "everything is a thought" is one of the most powerful features of TheBrain.

As it is now, I don't use BrainBox — I find it no more convenient than adding something to TheBrain by hand.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software