zenrain
When you copy a thought and then change the notes, TheBrain 9 will no longer be able to synchronize the database. It also says a data integrity issue has been detected.

Steps to repeat:
  1. Create a new brain.
  2. Synchronize it. 
  3. Create a few thoughts with notes. 
  4. Sync again.
  5. Copy one of the thoughts with notes.
  6. Activate a different thought.
  7. Paste the thought.
  8. Sync again.
  9. Delete the note. 
  10. Sync again. 
You will receive an unknown error when attempting to sync.

If you delete the thought you will get a data integrity issue has been detected error. Then synchronize and it will sync again.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
I'll try this a few more times.  I'm following step by step and not getting the sync error, but I do see the data integrity message and have confirmed that it is documented.

Thanks,
Matt
pshanks

I tried the steps that zenrain posted.|

I tried this on a windows machine.

Step 3. Create a few thoughts with notes (Brain crashed on 2nd note entering text)

Step 9. Delete the note (Brain crashes on removing the note text)

Doing more testing and The Brain just keeps crashing.

Logs attached
log ErrorReport_2016-03-02_16-31-18.log     
log ErrorReport_2016-03-02_16-37-16.log     
log ErrorReport_2016-03-02_16-45-12.log    
log 2016-02-03-Output.log     

TheBrain 11.0.120.0, iOS V10.0.
Windows 10 (V19041), Windows 7 SP1, OS X V10.15.x
Using The Brain since V3 (1999)

mcaton
Pat,

Thank you for the log files.  I'm still not replicating this on my end (testing on Windows today) but I'll keep working at it.  I'll document these log files for this issue too.

Pat, can you also make sure that TheBrain is closed in your Task Manager, before restarting the application and testing again?

Thank you,
Matt
zenrain
When I replicated this it was on OS X with two different databases. So it's effect may be different on other OS's.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
Thanks for the additional information zenrain.
zenrain
Update, I can recreate this in a completely new database with duplicated thoughts now also. It appears that something occurs when you copy or duplicate a thought and then modify the contents of the duplicated thought that TheBrain can't handle (at least in OS X) when synchronizing.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
ratthing
I am also having issues with syncing 9 on MacOS with the preview server

I have two brains, one with my personal thoughts and one with my work related thoughts.  They both import well from my version 8 brain.  However, neither of them will sync.  Note that if I create a new brain,  and add a few thoughts to it, it syncs just fine. 

MacOS version:  10.11.2
Brain 9 version:  9.0.84.0

The personal brain fails with the message:  Sync Failed:  You are not authorized to sync this brain.

The output log file is attached and named Output_Not_Authorized.log

The work-related brain Sync Failed:  Unknown error

The output log file is attached and named Output_Unknown.log

mcaton
Thank you everyone for the additional information.  We're spending some additional time on this particular issue now and the steps to reproduce have helped us to document and better understand how this needs to be resolved.

Thanks!
Matt
mcaton
Also, followed your original step by step and can now replicate easily, even on PC.

Thanks
Matt
zenrain
Awesome, thanks for following up Matt. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Zen,

We believe we have repaired this issue.  Please test again in either 9.0.86 or 9.0.87 (available soon) and let us know if the issue still occurs.

Thanks,
mc
zenrain
Confirmed Matt, I can no longer recreate this issue. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Fantastic!  Thanks for the update.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software